Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What gets me going


My top 10 motivational tips for working out:
1. get a work out partner- I would go with Brian but of course babysitting is for 6 months and older. For now my Ipod will be my partner.
2. We are dishing out the funds for the gym, I better be using it to make that debt worth it!
3. Tell everyone you are working out. If I tell Brian or anyone else for that matter I am working out, I feel like I am weak and letting them all down if I dont do it.
4. Change the routine. I always get excited to go workout if I know I will be trying something new. Working out a new part of my body, joining a class, swimming today instead of running, or trying drills of some sort.
5. Dont get negative. If you think it will be hard to do legs that day or to go that extra mile and you just dont want to deal with it... Just do it and remember the feeling of completing something and finishing a good hard workout. I love a good hard work out and sore muscles the next day.
6. Feeling good about yourself. You workout for a week and even though you dont look different, you think you do, but regardless, you feel better about yourself. Before you know it, you do look different!
7. Some will expect you to quit, prove them wrong. It always feel good to be right, so when you know people think you wont or cant do something, do it and prove them wrong! (or just beat them in a race!)
8. This blog, it is like a journal. I can keep track of my progress or just knowing I got out and did something that day to stay active. If I cant write something positive about working out that day, I didn't do what I should have.
9. All those benefits. Sleeping better, losing weight, Better mood, improved immune system, More energy, less stress...
10. Keep your goals in site. Whether that be a weight loss goal, or a race coming up, know what your goal is and work towards it. For me, my first goal is competing in a 8 mile race on Thanksgiving this year.
11. I have to add this one, I love uploading my NIKE plus onto the computer. Seeing that Chart have lines all over it and see my progress is really fun and rewarding!


Anyone else got good motivation?


1 comment:

Proud Momma said...

Hmm...I guess I better go to the gym today...have you inspired me? We'll see!